As the summer approaches, my kids and I don’t really want a heavy breakfast. Plus, it’s really too hot and time consuming to make a warm breakfast before early morning camp. The easiest solution to getting their veggies, fruits and protein in to their breakfast is a smoothie! I know what you’re going to say. You wake up too early for work or camp drop off and you don’t have time to wash or cut up fruit. Here is what I recommend, try to prep your smoothie the weekend before. You can even save more time (and sometimes money) if you buy your fruit frozen.
- Buy a bulk bag of frozen organic strawberries, a large container of organic baby spinach and a bunch of medium sized bananas.
- Divide up strawberries into a freezer safe bag or containers.
- Clean and paper towel dry the spinach.
- Once the spinach is dry measure out your spinach and place with the strawberries in the containers.
- Peel the bananas and place 1 banana in each container.
- Then place in freezer to store.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe (Serves 3)
- 2 cups of organic frozen strawberries
- 1 cup of organic baby spinach
- 1 peeled banana
- 1/2-1 cup of water
- 2 cup of unsweetened flax or rice milk
- 1tbs agave syrup
Blend all the ingredients together in a blender and divide into 3 servings when done.
Top 8 Allergen Friendly