Veggie Stir Fry Prep
I don’t know about other people but the toughest prep for me is usually the vegetables. The washing and the cutting is enough to send me running into the closet and hide. Plus, when you don’t take care of it right away or eat it quick enough…it goes bad. This breaks my heart because you take the time to look for the best organic vegetables and it goes to waste. It happens, to all of us! We have the best intention of making a gorgeous stir fry only to find out that there is a practice and swim meet that will keep you out of the house from 3pm-9pm. Sigh, then the menu has to change quick! You load up the smoothies into the kids’ thermos and off you go! In order to prep for my menu efficiently and cut some cost of wasted veggies, this is what I started to do…
Stir Fry Prep
- Buy a large bag of organic frozen vegetables (For under $10, I get enough vegetables for 5 meals and its organic!)
- Any ginger and garlic that you will use, have it minced and on hand.
- Use freezer-safe bags or container
- Place approximately 4 cups of vegetables and place in bags.
- Measure out 1/4 tsp. of ginger into the bag.
- Measure out 1 tsp. of garlic into the bag.
- Press out the air and place in the freezer. (Make sure that you press as much air out as possible as that will reduce more ice particles from forming on your vegetables.)
Do you know you can just take it from the freezer and pour it straight into a hot pan? Just be smart and DON’T toss the vegetables in hard with a pan of scalding oil. You know what happens right? You get hurt, don’t get hurt!
21Day Fix Container Count
Each bag contains 4G