In my goal to constantly gain the perfect blueberry sauce recipe. This recipe was recently revised (4/28/19) to reduce sugar and increase flavors!
My daughter loves blueberries and we always get a huge container from Costco. There are days however that she forgets to eat it. This means I have a large volume of blueberries that needs to be worked with before it goes bad. My freezer already has frozen blueberries, so I didn’t want to freeze more. There was also too much to use in blueberry muffins. I decided the best way to handle it would be to make a blueberry sauce. The sauce can be used on toasts, pancakes, waffles or to make a special fizzy blueberry drink. (Recipe will be coming soon!). This sauce is so easy to make and requires ingredients that most of us have in the house already. I usually use raw honey but please feel free to switch out to agave if you are vegan. 🙂 Enjoy friends!
- 5 cups of Fresh Blueberries
- 2 Tablespoon Raw Organic Honey (Maple Syrup or Agave as a Vegan Option)
- 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Lemon Zest
- 2 Tablespoon Water
- Put all the ingredients in a nonstick pot.
- Cook for 30min over med-low heat, it should be a light simmer.
- Please make sure you keep on stirring the blueberry mixture to keep it from burning.
- The blueberries should breakdown and give you a thick sauce.
- After the sauce cooked down, I got 5 generous servings.
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie
Top 8 Food Allergen Free
21 Day Fix Container: 1 serving is 1 P
One thought on “Blueberry Sauce”