Crispy Chicken Patties
Usually I would make this recipe with shredded organic chicken but I have redeveloped this Chicken Patty recipe for my readers who are having a hard time putting together a meal based off of what is in their pantry. This is even true for those that are getting their allocations from the local food pantry. Recently, a reader told me that she has many cans of chicken and she has no idea what to make for her family. Her kids don’t eat chicken salad, and they’ve been eating tuna casserole for a month, so she really didn’t want to use it to make a chicken casserole. She asked if I could give her some ideas on what to make with her canned chicken. We actually went back and forth a bit and she told me she usually is able to get eggs, onions and carrots at the store.
Crispy Chicken Patties Recipe
- 4 cups of finely shredded cooked chicken or 2 (12.5oz) drained canned chicken
- 2 cups of julienne organic carrots
- 1 cup of finely sliced onions (quarter-circles slices)
- 3 large organic eggs
- 4 teaspoon of freshly minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of tapioca starch (You can use arrowroot or if not paleo, you may use corn starch.)
- 3 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of pink sea salt (You can adjust to your taste and use regular table salt.)
- 1 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- 8 teaspoon of avocado oil (You can also use regular vegetable oil, pumpkin seed oil but do not use extra virgin olive oil as it has a low smoking point.)
Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl EXCEPT THE OIL, this means the chicken, carrots, onions, eggs, garlic, starch, garlic powder, salt, and cracked pepper.
Mix all the ingredients well and divide it into 12 patties, the patties should be about 3in. in diameter.
Place your pan over the a medium flame and add 2 teaspoon of oil…I like to use a 9in pan and make 3 at a time. The smaller pan means you make 4 batches but its easier to control the amount of oil and heat on your patties.
Cook each side of the patties for 2-3min with the lid on the pan till the bottom is nice and golden. Then flip each of the patties and cook without the lid, this time for about 3min or till the side of the patties touching the pan are golden brown.
I like to put my patties on a baking rack, while I finish the other patties so that it doesn’t get soggy on one side and stays crispy.
This recipe makes 12 patties.
Crispy Chicken Patties
- Wheat Free
- Dairy Free
- Soy Free
- Tree Nut Free
- Peanut Free
- Paleo (if not using grain starch)
- 21DF:Per 2 patties/(2R) (1/2G) (1/3Y) (1 1/2tsp)