Pumpkin Cranberry Smoothie
Over the last few days of the holidays, I felt like I have been drowning in food. I really needed a lighter way to nourish myself. So, I decided to make a smoothie using the flavors of the season. The flavors that I really favor are pumpkin, cranberries and cinnamon. It turns out the when you combine all three items plus a few extra ingredients, the sweet and tartness of the ingredients is very refreshing. Also, during late fall-mid winter, pumpkins and cranberries are plentiful and easy to get at your local market. This means we can save some money and be gentler on our wallet. Lets face it, who doesn’t need a few extra dollars during the holidays? What I would do is buy the ingredients when it goes on sale and then pre-portion them for the freezer. This helps me save time during the week and allows me to buy the ingredients at the right price. Give this smoothie a try and enjoy the flavors of the season.
Pumpkin Cranberry Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1 cup of steamed pumpkin cubes or 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup of fresh cranberries
- 1/8 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 cup of non-sweetened vegan milk of your choice (I used almond milk but you can use rice or flax milk as well.)
- 2 tsp of raw honey or (Agave-Vegan Option)
- Combine all the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend till the mixture is smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe makes 1 serving.