Jenny’s Vegan Chocolate Sauce
When I set up the dessert table, I always think that it’s not complete till there is chocolate. However, if you are throwing a dinner party and there are a lot of guests then it gets expensive buying allergen friendly chocolate. As always “Necessity is the Mother of Invention” and this drove me on a search for a recipe that would make it to my dessert table. After a week of playing with cocoa powders and sweeteners, this chocolate syrup recipe was created. Its 3 ingredients, the recipe was almost TOO EASY! More important is that this sauce is delicious! The resulting sauce is like a room temperature chocolate fondue sauce. Think about how nice it would be not to have all those crazy expensive chocolate warmers. Every person can get a cup of molten chocolate syrup to dip their choice of fruit and cakes. This sounds divine doesn’t it? Mmmmm…..yum!
Jenny’s Vegan Chocolate Sauce Recipe
- ¼ Cup Organic Maple Syrup or Agave
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Vegan Milk (Flax or Rice)
- 5 Tsp of Cocoa Powder
- Nonstick pan
- Nonstick pan safe spatula
*The reason I recommend the non-stick pan is because if you are not familiar with working with ingredients with high sugar content…you have a higher rate of burning the sauce.
- Pour the milk into the pan and heat over LOW heat. Let the milk warm through and add the agave and the cocoa powder. You MUST continually stir and scrape over a low heat till the ingredients combine smoothly.
- Keep stirring till the some of the liquid have evaporated and sauce thickens a bit. The whole process should take 2-3 min over the flames. Once done pour out into a separate bowl to allow it to cool!
DO NOT LEAVE IT IN THE PAN TO COOL! The pan is hot even with the flame off, it will continue to cook the sauce.
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie
Vegan Chocolate Sauce
(Makes approximately 1/3 cup (aka 16 tsp) of Sauce)
(21DF Count as “sweetener” tsp)
2 thoughts on “Vegan Chocolate Sauce”