Bolognese Over Zoodles
Many people think that if you eat clean or gluten free, pasta is out of the question. This is not true. With everything in life, you just have to make better choices. There are many clean brands of gluten free pastas out there, that even the pickiest kid would eat. Ahem….. (*cough*) …hubby! Although I eat this meat sauce with zucchini noodles (a.k.a. zoodles), my husband and kids do a 50-50 mix of zoodles and gluten free spaghetti. When both items are topped with this warm meat sauce, it just works. Usually when I make this for dinner, everyone in the house is happy. It’s a great way to get some extra greens into your meal and the kids (and husband) don’t even know they are eating healthier!
Bolognese Over Zoodles Recipe
- 2 lb. lean organic ground turkey
- 1 TBS minced fresh garlic
- 2 TBS garlic powder
- 2 TBS onion powder
- 2 TBS dried oregano
- 1 TBS of dried parsley
- 1 TBS of dried onion flakes
- 1 TBS of pink sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of dried tarragon
- 1 cups of diced or crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups of marinara or Jenny’s Tomato Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup of carrots, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 cup of sweet onion, chopped fine
- OPTIONAL:1 cup of dry sherry…I think it adds extra volume to the flavor, but it’s up to personal preferences 🙂
- extra pink sea salt to taste
- Cook the ground beef in a nonstick skillet until well browned; drain off any fat then return to skillet.
- Add in the minced garlic, carrot and onion; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the onion powder and flakes, garlic powder, oregano, parsley, tarragon and stir to coat.
- Place the beef mixture, sherry, crushed tomato, tomato sauce and sea salt in the crockpot, then stir.
- Cover and set the crockpot to HIGH until flavors are blended (about 4-5 hours). If your sauce looks too thick at the end, feel free to add some stock (or water) to thin it out a bit.
- Remember to adjust salt to taste at the end.
- I like to serve my sauce over raw zoodles but you can serve yours over your favorite gluten free pasta or quick blanched zoodles.
Makes 4 Servings
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie
21 Day Fix Container Count: 2 Red, 2 Green (1/4Y for optional sherry)