Banana Chocolate Crepes
You may have heard about it or maybe even watched a YouTube video of it before…what am I talking about? My friend, I am talking about the infamous Egg and Banana Pancakes, where 2 eggs and a banana mashed together will give you pancake batter. However, did you know that when you put it into a blender and really liquify the ingredients, it creates a great crepe batter. As I have mentioned before the technique or how we treat the ingredients can give us different results. Many recipes will tell you to gently mash the banana with a fork and then beat the 2 eggs in. This is fine if you are aiming for a pancake but we want crepes! In fact, we want banana chocolate crepes! I think making crepes are even easier because all we are going to do is dump everything into a blender then “Ta Da!”, crepe batter. Let’s see, this recipe is easy, gluten free, dairy free, paleo and it has chocolate…its like a dream come true. 🙂
Banana Chocolate Crepes Recipe
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 large ripe organic banana
- 1 tablespoon of organic cocoa powder
- Spray oil
OPTIONAL for topping, *coconut cream and Jenny’s Vegan Chocolate Sauce
*Directions to making coconut cream. (Refrigerate a can of organic coconut milk overnight and scrape the cream off the top of the coconut milk after opening the can.)
- Place the banana, eggs and cocoa powder in the blender.
- Blend all the ingredients till it is smooth and set the batter aside.
- Heat up a non-stick skillet over medium heat on the stove.
- Take the skillet over the flame and lightly spray the surface of the pan, then place back on the stove.
- Pour the batter onto the skillet (approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe).
- Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- As the crepe cooks, the edges will start to curl up and the center looks like its starting to set. Gently move the curled edges from the pan and flip the crepe. After 30 secs, you can remove and top with your choice of topping.
- Our in-house favorite topping for the banana chocolate crepe, is 2 teaspoon of coconut cream with a teaspoon of Vegan Chocolate Sauce drizzled over the top.(WARNING: is the center still looks like wet batter, do not attempt to flip!)
- This recipe makes 3 large crepes.
Banana Chocolate Crepes
Tree Nut Free
21DF (for each crepe):1/3R 2/3P