Today is Practice Day!
This means I have to take the kids to swim practice. Practice can last for 3hrs, what does this mom make for dinner? How am I going to stay on tract? That’s why today is Crockpot Day!
My favorite recipe is Crockpot Chili!
1 lb. lean organic ground chicken (you can substitute with turkey)
1 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 large green bell pepper, seeded and diced
3 tablespoons Jenny’s Smoking Spices (See Under Sauces and Spices)
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
1 sweet onion, chopped
1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 cup-1 cup water
1. Cook the ground chicken and garlic in a nonstick skillet until well browned; drain off any fat then return to skillet.
2. Add in the bell peppers; cook until softened (about 5 minutes).
3. Add in the Smokey Southwestern Spice and stir to coat.
4. In the slow cooker, mix together tomatoes, beans, sweet onion, chilies and tomato paste, then stir in the beef mixture.
5. Cover and cook on HIGH until flavors are blended (about 4-5 hours). If your chili looks too thick at the end, feel free to add some water to thin it out a bit.
Makes 4 Servings
21 Day Fix Container Count
Per Serving: 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Green, 1 Purple