Swim season has begun for our family!
This means I have to take the kids to multiple swim practices. Practice can last up to 3hrs, what does this mom make for dinner? How am I going to stay on tract? That’s why today is Crockpot Day! My favorite recipe to make on a busy day is Crockpot Chili! Its pretty versatile and each member of my family can easily customize the dish to their taste. My oldest loves it with tortilla chips, my 2nd loves to put it in taco shells, my 3rd eats it with corn bread and my youngest mixes it with rice. Four different ways to serve one crockpot recipe…How will you eat it?
Crockpot Chili Recipe
1 lb. lean organic ground chicken or turkey
1 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 large green bell pepper, seeded and diced
3 tablespoons Taco Chili Spices (See Under Sauces and Spices)
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
1 sweet onion, chopped
1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 cup water (water amount may vary slightly due to water content in your crushed tomatoes)
- Cook the ground meat and garlic in a nonstick skillet until well browned; drain off any fat and then return to the skillet.
- Then add in the red and green bell peppers; cook until softened (about 5 minutes).
- Once the peppers are softened, add in Taco Chili Spices and stir to coat the meat and pepper mixture (this should take 1 minute).
- Once the meat mixture is coated with the spices, turn off the heat and remove the skillet from the stove.
- Add the mixture into the slow cooker and mix in the water, tomatoes, beans, sweet onion, chilies and tomato paste (and optional jalepeno).
- Cover and cook on HIGH until flavors are blended (about 4-5 hours). If your chili looks too thick at the end, feel free to add some water to thin it out a bit.
This recipe makes 4 servings
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie
Tree Nut Free
Top 8 Allergen Free
One thought on “Crockpot Day !”