Cajun Pumpkin Seeds
Sometimes you wake up too early and you just want to watch the sunrise with a bowl of spicy pumpkin seeds.
- 1 1/2 cups of raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tsp of pink sea salt
- 1 TBS of Jenny’s Cajun Spice Mix
- spray oil
- nonstick skillet
- Warm up the skillet over medium heat. (MEDIUM heat because these pumpkin seeds can burn up in a blink of an eye!)
- Once the skillet is hot, pour the seeds into the pan.
- Keep the seeds spread out and moving.
- Once you notice some color change, take the skillet off the flame and spray a little of the oil on the seeds.
- When you finish spraying the oil, sprinkle the salt and the spice mix over the seeds.
- Place the skillet back over the medium heat and keep moving the seeds around for another minute or 2. Don’t let the seeds and spices sit in the pan without moving…it will burn.
- You should notice some fragrance coming from the skillet, turn off the flames and set the pan aside to cool.
- You will be tempted to grab and few to pop in your mouth… DONT DO IT! You will burn your mouth.
- After it cools, place it in bowl and enjoy. Nom Nom.
Note: If your spices seem to be on a course side and it won’t coat the seeds, put it in a blender and grind it a bit finer.
Recipe makes 6 servings
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie