Cajun Roasted Carrots
Let’s face it, buying carrots in bulk is always cheaper that buying little bags at a time. This is especially true for organic carrots. However, there is only so much carrot sticks you can eat. The next time you find yourself with a surplus of carrot sticks, I want you to make these. First of all these are wickedly addictive. I actually have to restrain myself from finishing off the tray once. Use this recipe as a snack or a side, or even to sub out your French fries. I know this isn’t a French fry but this is still darn tasty, plus you don’t have that crazy guilt after you finish eating it. Did I mention that carrots are nutritious too?
- 4 cups of carrot sticks
- 2 Tbs cajun spice
- 1 tsp of pink sea salt
- 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl or bag, toss all the ingredients together.
- Once all the carrot sticks are nicely coated, spread them out on the parchment paper lined tray. (Make sure that they are not on top of each other as it won’t cook evenly that way.)
- Roast the carrots for about 25min or till the edges are nicely browned.
- Let it cook before serving (They are hot and you don’t want to burn your mouth.)
- Eat it straight or serve with your favorite entree!
This recipe makes 4 servings.
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie
Top 8 Allergen Free