Pumpkin Pie Pots
There is one thing that my oldest daughter always asks me to make for Thanksgiving and its pumpkin pie. Last year when this happened, my other daughter asked me what does pumpkin pie taste like. She is at the age where she is getting curious of foods she has never had. I looked at both of them and a gut wrenching sadness fell over me. I realized that my younger daughter has never had a bite of her sister’s favorite foods and my older daughter has given up many things that she loves for her sister. After the passing sadness, I put on a smile and decided to do something about it. I made 4 different pies and had the girls test them out. I realized what they really loved was the custard-like filling. I decided to tweak the filling to be sturdy enough to be cook in a ramekin and yet still be the delicate pumpkin custard of the pie. If only you could see the smiles on the kids’s faces as they tried the final dessert.
Pumpkin Pie Pots Recipe
- 1 (15 oz.) can of organic pumpkin puree (This is approximately 2 cups of puree.)
- 3 large organic eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of pure organic maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon arrowroot flour
- spray oil
Optional for toppings:
- vegan whip cream
- roasted pumpkin seeds
- shaved vegan chocolate
- 4 (1 cup measurement) ramekins
- baking pan to fit ramekins
- large mixing bowl
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Put the pumpkin puree, eggs, cloves, cinnamon, maple syrup and arrowroot flour into a mixing bowl.
- Combine all the ingredients together, until it is a smooth uniform batter.
- Set the batter aside and lightly spray the inside of each ramekin.
- Equally fill each ramekin with the batter you made earlier.
- Place the 4 ramekins into the baking pan and fill the baking pan halfway with water.
- Gently place the pan into the oven and bake for approximately 45min.
- When done you should be able to insert a toothpick in the center and pull it out cleanly.
- Let it cool before serving and complete with your favorite topping.
Recipe serves 4
Pumpkin Pie Pots
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie
Tree Nut Free