White Bean Salad
This is probably one of the most economical salads I have ever made. I usually get the beans when they go on sale, so I always have some in the pantry. The rest of the ingredients for the salad are staples in the house; such as parsley, onion, garlic, etc… What is important about buying canned beans is to get a can that has no more than 3 ingredients. In most cases, beans, water and salt, if you see anything else…put it back on the shelf. What makes this salad great is that it can be made ahead of time. You can use this as a side dish, as a salad entree or as an appetizer. Think about it… vegans can have it with some fresh tortilla chips and others can have it with some seared shrimp on top. Sounds yummy doesn’t it? Lets get started with the recipe…enjoy!
White Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 cups of cooked small white beans (cannelloni beans or navy beans are good)
- 1 cup of chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup of halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup of diced sweet onion (I used a Vidalia onion)
- 1 clove of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp of pink sea salt
- 1/4 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 4 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all the ingredients together and serve.
- This can be made ahead of time and is even better the next day.
- This salad will hold for 5 days in a air tight container in the back of the fridge.
This recipe makes 4 servings.
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie
Tree Nut/Peanut Free
Top 8 Allergen Free
21DF: 1Y 1/2G 1tsp