Probiotics Hand Sanitizer
It’s that time of the year again where school and sports has started. This means a constant “eating on the go”! Regardless if they are teens or tweens, my kids will eat with their hands! Other than wipes, we like to keep sanitizers in our backpacks. When we received a sample of Desert Essence, I was worried that because it had essential oils…it would be greasy. After all, what mother in her right mind would want greasy fingers all over her minivan and house? Luckily, this sanitizer wasn’t greasy and was pleasant in its light scent. Some interesting facts about the Desert Essence sanitizers are:
- It kills 99.99% of germs while delivering good bacteria from the probiotic ingredient Kefir, which nourishes and conditions the skin.
- Uses a patented technology to create a “membrane” around the probiotic to protect it from the antibacterial formula. Probiotic benefits will be delivered after the sanitizer activity completes. This means the sanitizer doesn’t kill the probiotic, and the probiotic doesn’t neutralize the sanitizer. The bad bacteria is eliminated, and the probiotic thrives.
- Contains botanical extracts including Tea Tree Oil, Thyme, Elderberry and Echinacea also help reduce bacteria.
Pros (In My Personal Opinion)
- In a time where gluten can also be in pharmaceutical or cosmetic products, it’s always nice to be able to come across non-food items that are certified gluten-free. I love the scent of the lavender and the lemongrass the best.
- Although, this sanitizer has probiotics, the kefir probiotic used is vegan. This is perfect for those that are highly allergic to dairy.
- This product is cruelty-free! What does this mean? (Of cosmetics or other commercial products) manufactured or developed by methods that do not involve experimentation on animals. (Oxford Dictionary)
- Desert Essence is a Certified B-Corporation. B Corporations are LEGALLY required to consider the impact of their decisions on their workers, customers, suppliers, community, and the environment. (I like this because I believe the values of the company is as important as the product they sell!)
Cons (In My Personal Opinion)
- I get that these are essential oil based (specifically tea tree oil) but I was kind of hoping that they would have one that was “unscented”. Although, the naturally scented ones are not overwhelming…my kid did ask if there was one that smelled like “nothing”.
- A 1.7 oz bottle of Desert Essence Probiotic Hand Sanitizer typically retails for $4.49 and an 8 oz bottle typically retails for $9.99. Those 1.7oz bottle are a bit pricey for my book. The 8 oz bottle is a much better “bang for your buck”! THANKFULLY, I do have a coupon code DEprobioticpower to get 30% OFF Desert Essence Probiotic Hand Sanitizers by clicking here or visiting desertessence.com.
With four kids, I do tend to penny pinch and the small bottles are bit pricey. I will however buy the larger bottles (especially with the 30% off coupon code) and then fill up my personal little “on the go” bottles. My overall feelings are…it smells nice, its cheaper than essential oils (and not greasy), kills bacteria and doesn’t dry out my hands. So get yourself a large bottle and let me know what you think!