Buffalo Style Hummus
I have to admit, there is no ryhme or reason how I come up with recipes. Many times I will be sitting with friends or watching my kids at swim practice and then it comes to me. In this instance, I watching my kids doing laps in the pool and I was thinking of a Game Day Menu for my husband. My mind wandered through the traditional buffalo wings to a veggie hummus platter. Before you can say “chickpeas”, my mind landed on a hummus that channels the flavors of a buffalo sauce. I hope all of you enjoy my newest creation.
Buffalo Style Hummus Recipe
- 2 cups of organic chickpeas
- 1/4 cup of the organic chickpea water (This is the chickpea cooking water or the water that came with you canned chickpea.)
- 4 Tablespoon of shelled raw hemp seeds
- 3 Tablespoon of your favorite vegan hot sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt (optional)
- Place all the ingredients into a blender or food processor.
- Blend or pulse to the desired consistency.
- Serve with your favorite veggie and enjoy!
This recipe makes 4 servings.