PROYO Chocolate Mug Cake
Last month, we talked about PROYO and made a frozen Neapolitan treat. The last few days have been unholy cold on the East Coast and I wanted to give you a warm option for this protein packed treat. I know its too cold for you to get out of bed and make something warm. What if I told you that this will take literally 10 min to get all the ingredients together and COOK a cake? Its cake, its chocolate, its protein packed, and its gluten free…have I gotten your attention yet?
After we are done making the cake, I want you all to take a look at a special giveaway I’m hosting. The wonderful people at ProYo will be providing one of my lucky readers, 1 box of each of the ProYo flavors (Vanilla, Chocolate, Berry and Vanilla Banana). This is a total of 4 boxes of ProYo to one lucky reader! What a fantastic way to start the new year! See below for details.
PROYO Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe
- 1 tube of chocolate ProYo
- 1 tsp of raw organic agave
- 1 tsp of organic cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of gluten free flour
- Take out your 1 tube of 4oz. chocolate ProYo and left it soften a bit. Tip:The more melted your ProYo is the lighter your cake..if you want denser cake like a brownie then keep it semi-frozen. This is up to your personal liking.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder and baking soda together.
- Sift it onto a paper plate or a piece of parchment paper, set aside when it is done.
- Squeeze out the chocolate ProYo into a bowl and stir in the agave as well.
- When the ProYo mixture is combined, fold your parchment paper in half and pour the dry mix into the ProYo mixture.
- Stir the ingredients together until you get a even batter.
- Lightly spray your mug or ramekin with the organic spray oil.
- Pour your batter into the mug or ramekin.
- Place mug in the microwave and set for 1-2min (depending on your microwave settings) Tip:When the batter rises like a soufflé, then stop the microwave and take it out the mug. The cake will settle back down and when you look at it the surface should be cooked.
- You can eat it straight or serve it with a tablespoon of Vanilla Bean Proyo to melt over the cake…enjoy!
This recipe makes 1 serving.
21 Day Fix Container (just the cake):1Y 1R
The test products were samples from the company but the recipes, opinions and thoughts are my own.
*GIVEAWAY FOR JANUARY 31, 2017*
- See Instagram @Jennyglutenfree for details.
- Only open to Continental US Residents.
- Must be 18 to enter.
- Contest will start January 24, 2017 8am EST.
- Contest will end January 31, 2017 6pm EST.
- Drawing will be within 24hrs of closing.