There are so many versions of the rainbow salad at the delis around me. Some of them have fruit, nuts, cabbage or bacon bits. I prefer using broccoli slaw because it holds up better overnight and actually lasts in the fridge for 3 days. I also tend to use raisins because the dried cranberries are usually sweetened. Yes, yes, I know that they sell unsweetened cranberries, but those are pretty hard to find and usually cost more (I have no idea why!) Also, I love the way the raisins fluffs up and becomes juicy again. 🙂
Making of the Rainbow Salad
- 2 1/2 Cups of broccoli slaw
- 1 Cup of chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 Cup of shredded carrots
- 1 TBS of finely chopped red onions
- 2 TBS of raisins or dried cranberries
- Jenny’s Poppy Dressing
Combine all the ingredients together and let it sit in the fridge for 4hrs or overnight.
Jenny’s Poppy Dressing:
- 4 tsp of your favorite mayonnaise (vegan mayo works too!)
- 2 tsp of yellow mustard
- 2 tsp of honey (vegan option: agave)
- 1 TBS of orange juice
- 1/4 tsp of poppy seeds
- Pink salt and pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients together to make a smooth dressing.
The combined 2 items makes 2 servings.
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie
21 Day Fix Container Count: 2G 1/2Y 1O