Harmless Harvest Coconut Water
As a child, I would spend many summers in Asia, especially Hong Kong. At the time, all I could think about was how hot and humid in it was. Why in the world did my parents think this was fun? Fast forward 40yrs and I think back on my childhood travels, I remember the culture, the food and the stories of my visits. One of my best memories was the night markets, where people sold everything from jewelry to underwear. At the end of the market was all the glorious food stalls. If I didn’t drive my ma crazy…I was rewarded with a freshly cracked coconut. Till this day, whenever we travel to a place where there might be a freshly cracked coconut…I got one!
However, I’m now in the suburbs and lets face it…Im not going to get one at my nearest Costco. Or am I? Recently our Costco, started carrying bottles of Harmless Harvest Coconut water. Don’t worry if you don’t have a Costco because I found these gems at the local markets as well! I could go on and on about them being organic, fair trade, environmentally conscious, etc… Honestly though, out of all the bottles of coconut water I’ve had, this is the closest to the water of a freshly cracked coconut!
Now for some fun, drinking all this yumminess got me thinking about some desserts. There was one I remember from my travels and it was a concoction of honey dew, coconut water and tapioca. However, I’m going switch out the tapioca for some nice healthy chia seeds. Lets get started.
- 2 TBS Chia Seeds
- 2 TBS Hot Water
- 1/4 Cup of Organic Canned Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup of Harmless Harvest Coconut Water
- 1/2 Cup of Diced Honey Dew
- Combine the hot water and chia seeds, stir well together.
- Continue to stir as the chia blooms and the mixture thickens.
- Set aside to cool down for 5min and stir in the coconut water.
- Make sure you stir well, as we want to minimize the lumps.
- Chill in the fridge at least four hours. I usually chill overnight.
- Take out the chilled chia pudding and layer on the coconut milk.
- Then puree the honey dew in a blender.
- Top off the coconut chia pudding with a top layer of honey dew puree.
This recipe serves one.
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie
Top 8 Allergen Free
21DF:1O 1B 1/2P 1/2Y