Forgotten Tomato Sauce
Please tell me that this happens to all of us…where we buy vegetables and completely forget about it. I happen to love cherry tomatoes but lately I seem to keep forgetting that it’s in the back of the fridge. By the time, I get to it…its soft and not really what I want to eat raw. The problem is that I bought it in bulk and now I am over ridden with guilt on what to do with it. No, it’s not rotten or spoiled. It’s just softer and riper than I like my cherry tomatoes. Sure, I know you are thinking…FOOD SNOB! Well, when it comes to produce I honestly am!!! The last time this happen, I made tomato jam. However, this time the idea came from one of my 6yrs olds, “mama, let’s make sauce!” He’s biased because he happens to love marinara. So, out comes the blender…didn’t I tell you the sauce ONLY takes 30min to make? 😀
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp. organic agave
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. of pink sea salt
- Optional:1/2 tsp. hot sauce
- Put everything in a blender and blend well. (Blend at High for 1 min)
- You want to make sure that the skin of the cherry tomatoes are broken down.
- Pour your mixture into a pot and cook over a medium-high heat for
- During this time keep stirring and scrape the sides. The sauce will thicken up.
- Once cooking is complete, I am usually left with 2 cups of sauce.
21Day Fix Container Count
1/2 Cup=1 G