You know how you buy all those tomatoes to put in your salads or to eat with your hummus? You get this bulk size container, convinced you would eat it. Then at the end of the week, you see these soft reddish balls of ripeness in your fridge. It’s not rotten but it’s definitely very ripe with a slight pinch to the skin…
You are having an internal battle with yourself to throw it away or not.
What to do…what to do? Ah ha…make Super Ripe Tomato Jam!
- 1 cup of cut up Super Ripe Tomato (Yes, the ones we forgot about)
- 1/2 tsp. of Paprika
- 1/4 tsp. of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. of Pink Sea Salt
- 2 tsp. of Organic Agave
Recommended supplies but not required:
Non-stick pot and spatula safe for nonstick pot
- Put the tomatoes, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, salt and agave in a blender.
- Blend it till all the ingredients are smooth.
- Then pour it into your non-stick pot.
- Turn on the stove to medium-low and heat up the mixture.
- Stir frequently with the spatula and scrape the sides.
- The goal is to (1) not burn the sauce and (2) reduce the sauce to half the amount.
- In this case, reduce it to 1/2 cup; the whole process took about 30min for me.
I store the sauce in a mason jar and place it in the fridge.