Same chicken but a different flavor…this one is a zesty garlic chicken. My kids happen to like this recipe the best because it “LOOKS” like just plain chicken to them. Silly kids! What’s nice about this garlic chicken dish is that it is basic enough to serve by itself, or with your favorite rice or wrap it in a lettuce leaf. That’s right! You can use this garlic chicken to make a Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps!
- 2 lb. of cooked grilled chicken (cut to small pieces) (You can also use raw chicken but I recommend that you marinate it overnight with 1/4 tsp. of pink sea salt, 1/2 tsp. onion powder, 1/2 tsp. of rice wine and 1/2 tsp. of roasted sesame oil.)
- 1 tsp. of organic toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. of hot sauce (I used Sriracha.)
- 1 TBS. of fresh minced garlic
- 1 medium onion (I sliced into semi circles.)
- 2 tbs. chopped green onions
- 1 tsp. of dried parsley
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. pink sea salt
- Additional salt to taste
- (Optional) 2 tbs. chopped cilantro to garnish
- Heat up your nonstick pan over high heat. (Hot Pan…Hot Pan…Use your best Judgment!)
- Add the chicken…Keep it moving, you don’t want it sticking to the bottom. This is especially the case when you are using cooked chicken. You want to warm up the chicken and get the edges brown. (If you are cooking the raw chicken, keep moving the chicken till it is cooked through. Don’t go to the next step till your chicken is cooked.)
- Add the minced garlic, dried parsley, garlic powder, sesame oil and sea salt…combine together and move it around for another 2 min.
- Add the sliced onion and green onions to the garlic chicken mixture.
- Cook till the onions are tender and give it a taste. This is a good time to adjust the salt to your taste.
- Turn off the flame and plate.
- Garnish with cilantro.
21Day Fix Container Count