Chocolate Chia Pudding
Chia Pudding is one of those things that either you like or you don’t. In my case, I love it and it happens to be healthy! Yay! It’s funny because I think I started to try more things since shopping at Costco. They happen to have a large bag of chia seeds there on sale one day and I thought “Why not give it a try?”. Some people put it in their smoothies or their oatmeal but I love it best as a pudding. This is a great option for kids (or adults) who might have allergies to tapioca or gelatin. I have to warn you that, chia pudding is a fun dessert because it has an interesting texture. It’s almost like tapioca with a crunch in the center! This happens because the seeds swell up in the warm liquid and then becomes little gelatinous balls around the core of the seed. I find the texture more enjoyable than a traditional oatmeal for breakfast. Did I mention that you can also make this ahead of time and eat it later as a dessert or snack? That’s the nice thing about healthy treats is that there are more flexibility to when you can eat it and less guilt about enjoying it. Let get started shall we?
Chocolate Chia Pudding Recipe
1 cup of unsweetened vegan milk (coconut, rice, almond or other)
2 tablespoon of chia seeds
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
1-2 teaspoon or raw organic honey or agave (for vegans)
(optional) 1 teaspoon of canned organic coconut milk
- In a pan over low heat, warm up the milk to a simmer.
- Once the milk starts to simmer, turn off the flame and stir in all the ingredients together.
- I recommend that you use a whisk to combine all the ingredients together to prevent large clumps from forming.
- Let the mixture cool down to room temperature and then place the pudding into an airtight container.
- Chill in the fridge for at least four hours. I usually chill the pudding overnight.
- (Optional) Top the pudding with 1 teaspoon of the cream from the canned coconut milk.
This recipe makes 1 serving.
2 thoughts on “Chocolate Chia Pudding”
We love eating healthy and have become more strict about sugar since the new year. I’ve always been intimidated by chia puddings but this sounds very doable! Pinning so I can try this soon!
Great goals for the new year! Thanks so much for pinning 🙂 Enjoy!