This was inspired by one of our favorite gluten-free and dairy-free treats at Walt Disney World…the DOLE WHIP! Just thinking about it puts a smile on my face as I remember the way my allergy kiddo’s face light up like pixie dust. When we came home from Disney last year, she couldn’t stop talking about it. So after, playing around in the kitchen, I finally made this top 8 food allergy version of the yummy soft serve treat. The best part of this recipe is that it only has 4 ingredients and no refined sugar. Lets get started with this recipe and as always my friends, enjoy!
Pineapple Whip Recipe
- 2 cups of frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 frozen ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
Put all the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Put the frozen pineapples, frozen bananas, lemon juice and zest into a blender (or food processor) and give it a thorough blend. If the blender or food processor is not producing a smooth sorbet that just means that you need to let is sit and thaw out a bit. Give it another 2 min to thaw and then run the food processor again.
- You can serve immediately or place in the freezer to enjoy later.
- This recipe gives you 2 servings.
Troubleshooting your Pineapple Whip:
*If the result is too watery, then it means that the pineapples were too thawed out. Simply put the mixture into a freezable bag. Seal the bag containing the pineapple mixture and place it in the freezer for 10 min. This step will set the mixture, afterwards you can remove from the freezer and break up the pieces to put in the blender again.
**If the result is just too hard, let is sit out for a few min to soften and run it in the blender.
This recipe makes 2 servings.
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie
Peanut/Tree Nut Free