Springtime Pea Soup
I can’t get spring out of my mind! The weather in the Northeast has been taunting me! We get 30 degrees in the morning and then by noon it is 60 degrees. Today, its close enough to spring that I went for a run. I went out around 11am, so the air was cool but not enough to make me want to hide under the comforter. I didn’t wander too far, just enough to get some fresh air and sunlight. I felt like the ground hog who didn’t see its shadow and spring was finally here! At that moment, I got why sunlight could heal Superman! 😀
When I got home I wanted to make a quick lunch that was light and protein packed. I went to the fridge and took out a bag of frozen leeks, organic frozen peas and my Good Karma’s Flaxmilk + Protein. I’m pretty excited to be using this new product that Good Karma Foods has sent me, since it has 8 grams of plant based protein and 1,200mg of Omega-3. I think what is most important to all of us is “How is the texture of this flax milk with protein?”. I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised that it’s a rich and creamy drink. Not watery or gritty like some other non-dairy milk…just note, make sure you give it a good shake before using it. The Flaxmilk + Protein comes in two different flavors, unsweetened and unsweetened vanilla. The unsweetened vanilla is perfect for my smoothies with its light vanilla scent. The unsweetened flavor is great for savory dishes, which we are going to make today. With the unsweetened Flaxmilk + Protein, leeks and peas, we will be making a quick pea soup! That’s right, we are going to take this protein packed flax milk and make it into a protein packed soup. Enjoy!
Springtime Pea Soup Recipe
- 2 cups of organic frozen peas or fresh peas
- 4 cups of organic frozen leeks or fresh leeks
- 2 cups of unsweetened plain Good Karma’s Flaxmilk + Protein (This locator will help you find the nearest location of this product.)
- 1 tsp of pink sea salt
- 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- optional topping: 1 TBS of Good Karma’s Dairy Free Drinkable Yogurt (Plain)
- Over a medium-high heat, heat up a non-stick skillet with the 1 tsp of extra virgin
- Add the leeks and sauté till most of the water has rendered out and the leeks are slightly caramelized. It is very important for you to move it around to get the water to evaporate out of the pan quicker.
- Once the leeks are done, turn the flames off and set the pan aside.
- Take the frozen peas and place it in a colander and do a rinse, for a quick defrost. (If the peas are fresh, then rinse to clean.)
- Drain the peas and place all the ingredients into the blender.
- The blender should have the peas, sautéed leeks, 2 cups of the Good Karma’s Flaxmilk + Protein and pink sea salt.
- Blend for 3 min on high, when you are done you should have a nice smooth thick soup.
- Serve in a bowl and top with a 1 TBS of Good Karma’s Dairy Free Drinkable Yogurt (Plain)
(This adds a nice probiotic boost to our protein packed soup!)
This recipe makes 4 servings.
Springtime Pea Soup
Peanut/Tree Nut Free
Top 8 Allergen Friendly
21DF: 1G 1Y 1/4 tsp