This one particular recipe was a special request by a dear friend who loves red wine. One night we were talking and she said “… having one glass seems like a sip, isn’t there a way to make 1 glass of wine seem like more?” I quietly said “Hmm…maybe there is.” We both looked at each other for a moment and laughed hysterically. Now as I sit here in my kitchen, I’m toying around this idea. I’m thinking there is a way to stretch out a glass a wine…we could make a sangria. Hmm…but I wanted to make it even MORE interesting, let’s make it a frozen drink. Yes, that would work, a frozen sangria will be the perfect thing to surprise my friend at the next get together. (Lol, it might not be a surprise since she subscribes to my blog but I think she’ll enjoy it either way.)
Note: I would like to thank my dear husband for being my tastebuds for this recipe, since I am allergic to wine. He did accuse me of trying to get him drunk with each version of this drink.
Frozen Sangria Recipe
- 1 cup (8oz) of red wine (It is better if your label has fruity undertones NOT to be confused with flavored wines. Always do your research to find a trusted gluten free wine. )
- 1 cup of ice
- 1/2 cup of frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup of peeled orange slices (I used navel oranges.)
- 2 Tbs of free orange juice
- 1 tsp of raw organic agave
- 1/8th tsp of cinnamon
- Combine all the ingredients with a blender or in a magic bullet.
- Blend until it is a smooth frozen mixture.
- Serve with a slice of orange and enjoy!
This drink contains alcohol, do not serve to minors.
Top 8 Free
21 Day Fix Container Count: 1Y-swap, 1P