You are all probably asking what is a CGA Smoothie? A CGA Smoothie is a carrot, ginger and apple smoothie. Yes, I said “ginger”! Ginger will give an extra kick to your normal carrot and apple smoothie. Plus, ginger is an anti-inflammatory, as well as helps with digestion and nausea. I usually like to drink this smoothie after a run, I’m not a heavy eater after a run. I find that it helps with some post workout tummy issues. Of course, it’s suppose to be an anti-inflammatory and I need all the help I can get…LOL Isn’t it always nice to have your food taste good and multi-task with your health.
CGA Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup of diced organic raw carrots
- 1 organic green apple (cored and sliced) (I like my smoothie tart, you can always use a red sweeter apple.)
- 1 1/2 tsp of minced ginger
- juice of 1/2 lemon (Use less or more to adjust to your taste.)
- 2 tsp of raw organic honey or agave
- 1/2 cup off unsweetened organic apple cider
- 1/2 cup of water
- 12 wedges of ice (approximately 1 cup)
- Combine all the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend till the mixture is smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe makes 3 serving.
Clean Eating Glutenfree Foodie