Bacon Breakfast Sushi Roll
I am very excited to have some friends over that I haven’t seen all summer. I wanted to make a yummy gluten free and dairy free brunch. I didn’t want to do the every day bacon and eggs and thought these breakfast sushi rolls would be fun. I plan to serve them with some homemade tomato jam. I am also making a virgin strawberry daiquiri, a fruit salad, vegetable crudités, homemade pesto on GF toast points and to finish the meal a coconut chia pudding! Oh…I really hope they like the menu. Good food and good friends makes for good times!
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices of gluten free turkey bacon
- 1/4-1/3 of an avocado-sliced thin
- Pre-heat the oven to 425F
- On a tray, lay down parchment paper and then 4 slice of turkey back with a slight overlap (slight as in the thickness of a rounded toothpick).
- Pre-heat your non-stick skillet with a little spray oil.
- Scramble the egg in a bowl and then pour from the center of the skillet. (This will give you a more even shape and will be easier to roll later on.)
- Cook till the bottom is done enough that you can move it around the pan. A good indication is when the edges curl away from the pan. Don’t worry that the top of the egg isn’t cook all the way through because we are going to pop it into the oven!
- Let the egg cool a bit, so you can work with the egg and not burn your hand.
- Once the egg is cooled, layer the egg on top of the bacon. (It should be like stacking two sheets on top of each other.)
- Next, on one of the end of the egg layer a line of avocados.
- Then roll from the avocado end to the other end and make sure you are rolling with the bacon to create an outer bacon shell.
- Keep it together by piercing the roll with toothpicks at each end and one through the center.
- Keep on the parchment paper and bake for 20min or till the bacon is golden crisp.
- Let it cool before removing the toothpick and cutting the roll. (Remember its straight from the oven and very hot!)
- You can eat this straight or with some tomato jam
Makes one hearty serving
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie