Fig Roasting Day
This past Saturday, I wanted to clean up the fridge of food that hasn’t been eaten. On the bottom shelf of the fridge I found some figs. These figs were pretty ripe and it had to be eaten right away. If it were just 3 or 4, I would have just popped these babies into my mouth. I had bought a large container to share with the kids and wouldn’t you know it…they didn’t even touch it. This means I had the whole dang container leftover. By now, you probably know I have a thing about wasting food. Other than freezing it for future smoothies, I thought that roasting it would be a good option. Hold On! I know you are going to think that this is going to take too long or that this sounds too fancy schmancy. But the whole process is really easy and the results are yummy.
- Fresh Figs
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Wash and cut figs in half
- Place the figs on the parchment paper lined pan and make sure the cut side is facing up.
- Place the baking sheeting the oven and roast for 20min or till the edges are crisp.
- Carefully remove from oven (This means wear an oven mitt and don’t burn your hands!)
- Set the pan on the side and allow cooling before eating.
- You can either eat them straight or toss them on your salad.
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie