House Oatmeal Cookie
My daughter asked me to make cookies for her today. I am going to call this “House Oatmeal Cookie”. I bet you are wondering why I am calling it that, it’s because I made it literally with what I had in the “house”. LOL! We try to have things on hand when our kids want us to make cookies. However, since I am not a professional baker, I am allowed some leeway. What I like about this “house” cookie is most people have these items in their pantry and it’s pretty easy to throw together. My daughter actually wound up liking it so much; we are going to have to make it again.
- 1 Cup of Gluten Free Oatmeal Flour (aka ground oatmeal)
- 1/4 Cup of raw honey
- 1/4 Tsp. of Cinnamon
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp. Baking powder
- 1 Tbs. of Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbs. Organic Apple Sauce
- Pinch of Pink Sea Salt
Preheat the oven at 375F.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together: oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and the salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients: apple sauce, eggs, honey, and coconut oil
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
Tip: Let it sit for a 5 min so that the ingredients meld together and it gives the baking powder some time to work its bubbly magic!
- Bake for 7-10 min or till the tops are golden.
- Let it cool on a rack for 10min and then enjoy.
- Makes 8 generous size cookies, each serving is 2 cookies.
Note: My “Ice Cream” is just blended frozen banana with a dash of cinnamon.
Clean Eating Glutenfree Foodie
21Day Fix Container:2 Cookies is 1 Yellow Swap Treat (Please include your purple for frozen banana “ice cream” sandwiches)