Stir Fry Beef and Celery
Many people always ask me how I make dinner for a family of 6 and not break the bank. I always try to shop based on what is in season and what is on sale. Yesterday, my supermarket had celery on sale for $.99 and 2lb. of beef for $10. My mom actually use to make this simple dish. Its a simple beef and celery stir fry but so good. (I added extra garlic to it but it’s so flexible you can add ginger or chili flakes, be creative!) Traditionally we served it with white rice but you can serve it with steamed quinoa or brown rice. I buy my rice and quinoa in bulk, since its a commonly served item in my house. At the end, I spent under $15 for dinner for my family of 6! Economical and gluten free, what more can you ask for? 😀
- 4 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion (peel and chopped)
- 1 lb. Beef Chuck (trimmed and cut into 1in slices
- ½ tsp. Pink Salt
- ½ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 4 tsp. Gluten Free Soy Sauce or (Coconut Amino for soy allergy)
- 1 tsp. Gluten Free Flour
- 2 tbs. Water
- Mix the flour and the water to make a slurry and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tsp. of oil over medium heat.
- Slowly cook and stir onions and celery until golden brown; remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining 2 tsp. of oil.
- Place beef slices in the skillet and heat until well browned.
- Stir in salt, pepper and amino.
- Return the onion and celery mixture to the skillet and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Mix the slurry again until the slurry is even and pour into the skillet.
- Keep the moving the food with the spatula to prevent lumps.
- Cook for 5min. till the sauce thickens, then serve.
Makes 4 Servings
21Day Fix Container Count:(Per Serving) 1 Red, 1 Green, 1 tsp.