Moroccan Wild Rice Salad
This is an easy salad to make and great for all seasons. There is also a great deal of flexibility with the type of greens you can use. One of my new obsessions of late is baby arugula. I literally will put it in sandwiches, toss it with my scrambled eggs or just eat it as a light salad. Yesterday, I came across some wild rice in my pantry, my first thought was to toss it with some arugula. Arugula is naturally nutty in flavor, so adding dates and almonds just made sense to me. The flavors of this salad reminded me of a Moroccan dish I had recently at a restaurant. The result of all these factors is the birth of a new salad. Enjoy my friends!
Moroccan Wild Rice Salad Recipe
- 4 packed cups of arugula or mixed baby greens
- 2 cups of steamed wild rice (optional swap out :brown rice or quinoa)
- 20 raw almonds (chopped) (optional swap out: 2TBS roasted pumpkin seeds)
- 4 dried dates (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- balsamic vinegar
- raw honey or agave (vegan option)
- Dressing: Combine 4 TBS. balsamic vinegar 1/4 tsp. cinnamon and 4 tsp. honey/agave
- Salad: Combine greens, wild rice, almonds, dried dates.
- Drizzle the salad with the dressing and serve.
Recipe makes 4 servings.
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie
21 Day Fix Container Count: 1 G 1 1/4 Y (1/4B for almonds or 1/4 O if you use pumpkin seeds.)