Summer time is coming and that means Okra Season!! I have to admit, it was not a food that was common in my household as a child. However, it just looked really good! You know how when you look at a vegetable and it just looks fantastic? It made me think of when I went to an Indian restaurant and had it for the first time. The texture and flavor was fantastic. It didn’t have the sliminess that people talked about. I spoke to some of my friends and fellow foodies, it turns out that its all about how you cook it!
- 4cups of diced okra
- 1 tomato diced (remove the seed pulp before dicing)
- 1 tsp of fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of organic chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp curry
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp of srirachi
- 2 tsp of organic coconut oil
- 1/2-1 tsp of black or pink sea salt
- Heat up a pan over high heat and melt 1tsp of coconut oil.
- Add the okra and fresh garlic to the hot oil in the pan.
- Make sure you keep the okra moving in the pan, so that it does not burn.
- Cook the okra till it is tender.
- When the okra is done, move the okra to a plate and set aside.
- Clean out the pan and heat up the pan again and melt the last tsp of coconut oil.
- Once the oil is melted, add the curry and cumin to the oil. (This will release the fragrance in the spices.)
- Add in the tomato and cook for a min.
- Next add in the cooked okra with the srirachi and cook for another 2min.
- Turn off the flame and toss in the cilantro…season with salt to taste.
- This makes 4 servings.
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie