I hear this all the time that it’s almost impossible to make Chinese food when you are gluten free and soy free. When my kiddo was first diagnosed with her multiple allergies, I was in shock. We saw that wheat and soy had made the list. I realized I had to really rethink how I was going to make all the traditional dishes that I grew up with for her! After playing around with ingredients, I realize all it takes is a little creativity and some fresh ingredients. Today, I am going to go through a recipe that is not only gluten AND soy free. Just for fun, I’m also going to make this dish with your leftover grilled chicken! What? A recipe that tells me what to do with my leftover chicken AND its gluten/soy-free Chinese food. Yes, you heard me right!
- 1 lb. of cooked grilled chicken (cut to small pieces) (You can also use raw chicken but I recommend that you marinate it overnight with 1/4 tsp. of pink sea salt, 1/2 tsp. onion powder and 1/2 tsp. of roasted sesame oil.)
- 2 tsp. of organic avocado oil (or canola oil)
- 2 tsp. of fresh minced garlic
- 1 medium onion (sliced into semi circles)
- 1/2 red pepper (julienned)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. pink sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. of ground white pepper
- (Optional 1TBS. of coconut amino)
- Additional salt and white pepper to taste
- Heat up the pan over high heat and add the 2 tsp. of avocado oil. (Again! People Hot Pan…Hot Oil…Use your best Judgment!)
- Add the chicken…Keep it moving, you don’t want it sticking to the bottom. This is especially the case when you are using cooked chicken. You want to warm up the chicken and get it a little brown. (If you are cooking the raw chicken, keep moving the chicken till it is cooked through. Don’t go to the next step till your chicken is cooked.)
- Add the minced garlic, white pepper, sesame oil and sea salt…combine together and move it around for another min.
- Add the onion and peppers to the chicken mixture and if you have it this is a good time to add the coconut amino.
- Cook till the veggies are tender and give it a taste. This is a good time to adjust the salt and pepper to your taste. This is your dish, you need to own it!
- Turn off the flame and toss in the cilantro.
21Day Fix Container Count
1R 1/3G (1/2-3/4tsp)