Gluten Free Allergen Friendly Expo 2017
I am delighted to announce that the Gluten Free & Allergen Friendly Expo will be returning to the Secaucus Meadowland Exposition Center from October 14-15. Last year, I went to the Expo and even brought all 4 kids with me. There was so much food and games there, that they have been “reminding” me to take them this year. Last year, I wrote about my top 10 reasons to go to the Expo. This year I want to make a different top 10 list, since many of my readers are not only gluten free but also dairy free. I decided to make a top 10 count down of my favorite gluten free AND dairy free vendors who will be there. This way, when you go, you can try out some of their items personally! How many times have we seen a fantastic gluten free item…only to have to put them away because it has dairy? Here are some of my favorite brands that will be there this year.
*NOTE: Even though they are on my Gluten Free and Dairy Free list, I recommend you always read the labels for any ingredient or recipe change. There have been many times where I would buy one product one week and have the next week be inedible due to an addition of an allergen.
10. Ronzoni Gluten Free (Many supermarkets carry them, they are affordable and taste almost like regular pasta.)
9. Aleia’s (They make an awesome breadcrumb that is delicious in my crab cakes! The texture is almost something between a panko and an Italian breadcrumb.)
8. Udis (We like the whole grain white bread that is also carried at Costco! It makes a very good French toast.)
7. Veggie Fries (Veggies that tastes like a French fry…do I need to say more?)
6. Superseedz (Non-GMO flavored pumpkin seeds, my favorite are the “Maple Sugar and Sea Salt” and the “Some What Spicy”)
5. Sun Butter (A delicious non-GMO, top 8 allergen free peanut butter substitute made with sunflower seeds.)
4. Kinnikinnick (This company makes some amazing gluten free, dairy free and nut free doughnuts. Perfect for dropping off at school parties that only allow packaged foods.)
3. Kiss Freely (Not everything is about food in this case, they are a gluten free and top 8 allergen free cosmetic company that also makes kid friendly face paints!)
2. Namaste (Their organic Perfect Blend flour is a staple in my pantry.)
1. Enjoy Life (They are a favorite mainstay in our home with their vegan, gluten free and top 8 allergen free chocolate chips!)
Here are some Early Bird coupons and basic information for the event, I hope to see you there!
October 14 & 15, 2017
10:00 am – 4:00 pm on Saturday the 14th
10:00 am – 3:00 pm on Sunday the 15th
30% off w/ code EARLYBIRD (thru 9/13)
20% off w/ code ADVANCE (thru 10/13)
Purchase through this -> GFAF LINK
This is an affiliated link, where I make a small fee to support this blog.
Meadowlands Exposition Center
355 Plaza Drive
Secaucus, NJ 07094