Hot Chocolate Overnight Quinoa
This is pretty funny, I wrote this recipe almost a year ago and never published it on my blog! A few days ago someone asked me for a Valentines Day overnight quinoa recipe. My response was why serve up the Hot Chocolate Overnight Quinoa. We both start looking for it and I realized it was one of the original recipes on my Facebook blog and never moved it over to my online world. This is funny to me because this recipe marks my 1 year anniversary online and I love that it has chocolate in it. Yay! Now back to Valentines Day, strawberries and chocolate are always my ultimate “go to” for this holiday. Plus, you have to admit, strawberries sure do bear a striking resemblance to little hearts. Think about it…wouldn’t it be a romantic surprise to eat your chocolate quinoa and as you pull out your spoon there is a heart? Lets get started and I’ll put one together and show you! XXOO Jenny
Hot Chocolate Overnight Quinoa Recipe
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla (coconut or vegan) milk
- 3/4 cup of greek yogurt or vegan yogurt (I used a flax milk yogurt.)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp raw organic honey or agave
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Combine quinoa, vegan milk, chia seeds, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, honey or agave and sea salt together in your container.
- I prefer to give it a good whisk to make sure all the ingredients are combined throughly and there are no clumps of cocoa powder.
- Then layer the measured amount of yogurt over the cocoa mixture.
I like to follow mine up with a dusting of cocoa powder (or a hint of shaved dark chocolate) at the end.
- Cap or place a lid on the overnight quinoa…this can last to approximately 4 days in the back of the fridge.
- If you plan to top it with strawberries or other fruit, do it before you eat it. (The overnight quinoa will last longer.
NOTE:I limit myself to only 2 tsp of honey but you can add another tsp. or stevia according to your personal taste.
Recipe Serves 1
Dairy Free Option
21DF: 1Y 1R (Optional P, if you top with fruit)