Loaded Devilish Eggs
Eggs are the one item in my house that we buy in 3 dozen. That’s right you heard me, I buy 3 dozen eggs at a time. This is one item that my kids agree upon and no one is allergic to it. Let’s face it, it’s also easy to make and full of protein. It’s funny how everyone in my family have an odd obsession with eggs. I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised as I love eggs too…especially bacon and eggs! This week, I was planning a menu and thought wouldn’t it be great if I could serve bacon and eggs as an appetizer. I wanted something fairly easy to eat but it also had to be decadent and healthy at the same time. After staring at the carton of eggs for 10min… I thought why not make a loaded devilish egg. Think of it as if a loaded potato and a deviled egg having a baby! LOL 😀
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 TBS of hummus
- 1/4 tsp of sriracha
- 1 tsp of your favorite mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp of yellow mustard
- 1 tsp of finely chopped chives
- 1 strip of finely chopped nitrate-free bacon (you can use vegan or turkey bacon as well)
- Cut the hard boiled eggs in half and remove the yolks in to a bowl.
- Add into the bowl with yolks the following: hummus, sriracha, mayonnaise and mustard.
- Use a fork or a whisk and really whip up everything in the bowl. (Do it for a few min to get a nice fluffy mixture.)
- You can either spoon or use a piping bag to fill up the egg white cavities.
- Top the filled eggs with chopped bacon and chives.
*If you are into spicy foods, feel free to drip a little more sriracha on the eggs.
Makes 1 Serving
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie
One thought on “Loaded Devilish Eggs”