Crispy Garlic Salt Kale Chips
This weekend is the 4th of July weekend. I am going to have fruit and veggie platters out but I really wanted something salty and crunchy. I put out some kettle potato chips too but unfortunately it wasn’t for me. Then it occurred to me that I could make kale chips! I really do love kale chips. These chips not only satisfy my salty crunchy urges but also help me get my greens in…Ha ha!
- 6 Cups of Cut Up Kale (with thick center stem/vein removed)
- 1 tsp. Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
- Spray Olive Oil
- OPTIONAL: ½ tsp. Chili Flakes
- Preheat the over to 250F.
- Spread kale out onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spray the kale with the olive oil spray; please make sure that you get all the pieces.
- Flip the kale over and get the other side as well…. a light layer is more than enough.
- Spread out the kale again and try to make sure that you don’t have a pile up as they wont dry properly.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder and ½ tsp. pink sea salt on top of the kale.
- OPTIONAL: If you want a little kick, sprinkle on your chili flakes.
- Bake till crispy, this will take approximately an hr.
- Once you tested that it is crispy, take the pan out of the oven and allow to cool.
- We still have ½ tsp. of pink sea salt; you can use this salt to adjust the flavor of the kale chips to your taste.
Makes 3 Serving
Each Serving Counts a 2G