Ricotta Caprese Salad
I was sitting on the beach today and while I was watching my kids toss sand at each other. The idea of deconstructing the Caprese Salad came to me. Don’t hate me; it’s not that I don’t like mozzarella. It’s more like I have to limit the mozzarella intake, the question is what do we use in its place? Stay put and keep an open mind but why not ricotta. I know some of you are thinking the texture and the flavor isn’t a fit. We will be adjusting the texture and the flavor will compliment it. Plus, it’s so easy to eat; you can eat it with a spoon.
- 1 cup of chopped tomato
- 3/4 cup of ricotta cheese
- 5-6 basil leaves
- 1 tsp. of aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. of pink sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Extra 1/2 tsp. of aged balsamic vinegar to drizzle on top
- Cut basil leaves into thin slivers.
- Combine chopped tomato; 1tsp aged balsamic vinegar, basil, olive oil with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine ricotta and 1/8 tsp. pink sea salt.
- Blend the mixture for 2-3min (you will want it very smooth).
- Set salad into a bowl or glass.
- Top with the pureed ricotta cheese.
Drizzle with 1/2 tsp. of aged balsamic vinegar on top of cheese and serve.
21Day Fix Container Count
1R 1G 1/2Tsp.