Stuffed Pepper Caprese
During the summer, many of us just don’t want to cook. It is too hot and there just isn’t enough time between camp pickups and running errands. This morning, I quickly chopped up all the vegetables and made the filling. Later this evening, I filled the peppers and grilled up some shrimp. It took me 20min to get dinner on the table. This is also a cute and easy salad to make when you have someone coming over. It’s quick, simple and doesn’t overheat the house.
- 1 Cup of diced tomato
- 1 Large pepper
- 5-6 Fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 Cup of mini-mozzarella balls or chopped up mozzarella cheese (For a NON-DAIRY?Vegan option I would recommend trying your favorite vegan pepper jack cheese.)
- 2 Tsp. of aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tsp. of sea salt
- 1 Tsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- Optional cracked pepper for taste
- Cut the basil leaves into julienne strips.
- Cut the top off of the pepper and clean the seeds out.
- Feel free to trim out some of the usable pepper from the top that was cut off.
- Combine the pepper from the top with the chopped tomato, balsamic vinegar, salt, olive oil and basil to make the pepper filling.
- Taste to see if you need to adjust the salt or if you want to add cracked pepper.
- Fill the cleaned pepper with the filling.
- Serve or enjoy!
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie
21 Day Fix Container Count:2G 1B