Stir-fried or steamed broccoli is usually the choice for this healthy green in our house. Since broccoli is my kid’s favorite vegetable, I really shouldn’t complain. However, I’m getting bored with constantly eating broccoli the same way. This past weekend happens to have been Father’s Day and I thought I would try something different. We had grilled steak skewers and I thought a broccoli hash instead of our traditional potato hash would be interesting…
- 3 cup of finely chopped or “riced” broccoli. (You can make the “riced” broccoli with a food processor and then squeeze the excess water with cheesecloth. If you do not remove the excess water, it will be mushy.)
- 1 cup of finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp. of minced garlic
- 1 tsp. of garlic power
- 1 tsp. of onion flakes
- 1 tsp. of pink sea salt
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Extra pink sea salt to taste
- (Optional) 2 Strips chopped cooked bacon or 4 strips cooked turkey bacon
- Heat up the pan over medium heat.
- Sautee the onions till clear and then add the broccoli and minced garlic to the pan
- Keep the moving the mixture in the pan, you want to cook it not burn it.
- After 3min, add in the garlic powder, onion flakes, pink sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Continue cooking over the medium heat for another 3min (or till the hash is nice and tender.)
- Give it a final taste to see if you need more salt and serve warm.
- (Optional) Top with chopped bacon.
21Day Fix Container Count
1G (1/4R If topping with chopped bacon.)
VEGAN OPTION (without bacon topping)