Smore Crispy Rice Treats
I was asked recently what I serve for my kiddie parties. Do I just have vegetable cups and fruit bowls for the kids? I’m so sorry to laugh but can you imagine being in a room of 12 (8-9yr old) children and them singing happy birthday to a vegetable platter with a candle? There are times that you WANT to make a treat for your kids and this recipe is exactly that. This is a treat! You can have this once in a while not every day. For this recipe I tried to make it as clean as possible. I don’t use artificial colors, its gluten free, dairy free, nut free and soy free. It you can find organic crispy rice and non-GMO butter substitute (dairy tolerant can use organic butter) even better.
- 3 tablespoons butter or butter substitute
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) gluten free marshmallows
- 6 cups gluten free crispy rice
- 12-15 gluten free marshmallows for topping
- 1/4 cup of enjoy life dark chocolate morsels.
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add crispy rice cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Let it cool enough that you can work with your hands and not burn yourself. But not too cold that it is a solid mass. Give it about 3-5min to cool.
- Preheat your oven to broil.
- Line your cupcake/muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Use a spoon to fill 12 cupcakes liners, I find that shaping it as a ball helps.
- Once all the cupcake liners are filled and flattened 12 marshmallows and top each treat with one.
- Place your pan on the lowest of the oven rack and let marshmallow brown.
THIS STEP WILL TAKE LESS THAN A MIN!
STAND THERE WITH YOUR OVEN MITT READY!
- Once the marshmallow is brown, take it out and turn off the oven.
- Place your chocolate morsels in a microwave safe container and melt the chocolate. (I just put mine on “reheat” for 1min).
- Take out the chocolate and give it a stir to smooth it out.
- Drizzle the chocolate over each treat.
- Best if served the same day.
3 thoughts on “Smore Crispy Rice Treats”
Thanks for the recipe.
My pleasure! Enjoy! 🙂