A Refreshing “No”-jito
Recently we went to a Cuban restaurant and they are known for these amazing mojitos. However, I was with my kiddies and wasn’t in the mood to imbibe. Instead, I got a no-jito…which is essentially all the ingredients of a mojito with no rum. It was so refreshing that I decided I would attempt to make my own version of this no-jito when I got home. I know there was fresh mint, limes, sugar and seltzer. Since I’m making a larger batch to keep in the fridge, I used cold water instead of seltzer. I’m real funny about flat seltzer :
- 1 cup of fresh mint leaves
- 3 limes
- 6 cups of water
- 3 Tbs of Organic Agave
- Cut the limes into quarters and squeezed the juice in to the blender
- Tossed the wedges into the blender itself.
- Add the mint leaves and water into the blender.
- Pulse the blender 10times or till the ingredients looks like its been roughly chopped.
- Then strain the mixture out into a pitcher.
- Stir in the agave, you may add more or less to your taste.
- Serve over ice (options garnish with mint and lime).
Makes 3 (2cups) servings.