My kids love spaghetti and meatballs. We recently added some zoodles to our gluten free spaghetti and game on! This mama doesn’t need to make a separate veggie side and the kids think they are getting away with something!
- 1lb ground turkey breast
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped (I used 1/8 c. dried)
- 1 egg
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Place the cooked quinoa in a blender or food processor and pulse it 6x. The quinoa with stick together to make almost a dough or “ball up”.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, quinoa, egg, parsley and garlic.
- Makes sure to combine all the ingredients really well.
- Using clean hands, mix all the ingredients and form small meatballs, about 1/8th cup each.
- In a saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and brown the meatballs.
- When the outside of the meatball is golden brown add the garlic.
- Make sure that the garlic does not burn.
- Pour crushed tomatoes into the crock pot with bay leaf.
- Add garlic and meatballs to crockpot.
- NOTE: If you are planning to store it for the freezer..This is where you would place all the ingredients into a freezer bag instead of the crockpot.
- When meatballs are in the sauce, cover and set crock pot to low, 4 to 6 hours.
- When meatballs are ready, adjust salt and pepper to taste and add fresh chopped basil or parsley.
Makes 4 Servings
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie
Peanut/Tree Nut Free