Chia and Figs
This is actually a quick breakfast and can also be made ahead of time. This is especially great when you don’t have the supplies to make overnight oats or quinoa (ahem…me). There are only 4 items to this quick breakfast or even have it as a snack or dessert!
- 2 TBS Chia Seeds
- 1 Cup of Unsweetened Coconut Milk or Almond Milk
- 1-2 Tsp of Raw Organic Honey (Vegan Option Use Agave Syrup)
- 5 Ripe Black Figs (Quartered)
- Place the unsweetened coconut milk in a sauce pan and set over a medium heat on the stove.
- Once it starts simmering, turn of the heat and set it on the side.
- In a container, combine the chia seeds and warm coconut milk.
- Stir the chia mixture and allow to bloom.
- Add the honey and stir so the seeds do not clump.
- Let the chia pudding set and top with fresh figs. (Or you can store in the fridge and top with fruit another day. Mine holds for about 4-5 days in the back of the fridge.)
Makes 1 Serving
Note: Due to variations in the way different brands of chia can bloom and your personal preference in your pudding, please feel free to adjust the liquid. You can either put less “milk” to thicken or add more water to thin out the pudding.
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie