An Almost BLT Bowl
There are just days when you sit there and you think “Man! I could really use a BLT!” Okay, I’m guilty of always thinking of that. I am a complete bacon addict. I like them all, the turkey, the pork and even the vegan version. Please…don’t judge, there are some people who are addicted to chocolate or ice cream but I love that smoky salty treat! 😀 Back to the topic, I want a BLT. However, I have no lettuce, only cherry tomatoes and 1 slice of stale gluten free bread. I look at that sad slice and I know it wouldn’t even hold up to a half sandwich. I open rummage through the vegetable drawers and found some mini cucumber and an avocado. Yes! I am going to make a chopped salad that mimics all the flavors of a BLT. Plus, the extra greens will make this a nice filling meal! I still have no lettuce in the house so this is an “Almost BLT Bowl”.
- 1 Slice of GF Bread (I used Udis Whole Grain)
- 1 Cup of Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Cup of Diced Baby Cucumbers
- 4 Slices of GF Turkey Bacon (You can use 4 slices of vegan bacon or if you use pork bacon use 2 slices instead.)
- 1/4 Haas Avocado (sliced)
- Garlic Powder
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Pink Sea Salt
- Jenny’s Basic Balsamic Dressing or any other low fat dressing of your choice.
- Lets make the croutons first, pop the bread in a toaster and toast.
- Once the toast is done, cut it in bit size pieces and toss with a little garlic powder, sea salt and crack pepper. Since the size of bread vary from brand to brand, instead of giving you exact measurements please season to your liking.
- Set your croutons aside and prepare your turkey bacon according to package directions.
- Let the bacon cool then cut it into bite size strips.
- Arrange in your bowl, the baby cucumbers, the cherry tomatoes, the croutons, the avocado and the bacon.
- Toss with 2 tsp. of balsamic vinegar or 1TBS of your favorite low fat dressing.
- This makes 1 serving.
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie
21 Day Fix Container Count:1R 2G 1B 1Y (If you use dressing 1/2O)