Banana Split Overnight Quinoa
I’m 43 years old and I had a banana split for the first time in my life this year. We were in Disney World, my husband ordered it and I had a few spoons of it. All I can say is, “Where in the world have I been all these years???”. Unfortunately, I do not have my husband’s metabolism so this is not something I can have all the time. However, with a little creativity and the right ingredients, we can make it into a pretty fantastic breakfast!
- ½ Cup Cooked Quinoa
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Flax Milk
- ¾ Cup of Greek Yogurt or a Dairy Free Yogurt
- 1 ½ Tsp. Chia Seeds
- 2 Tsp. Raw Honey
- 1/4 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp. of Pure Cocoa Powder
- 1 TBS. of Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (or chopped nuts if you don’t have a nut allergy)
- ½ Large Banana
- Combine the quinoa, almond milk, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, chia seeds and 1tsp. of honey. Make sure you mix well to allow the chia seeds to bloom and this will thicken the mixture.
- Place the next layer with yogurt.
- Next add a layer of honey.
- At this point you can store the overnight quinoa.
- When you are ready to eat, add the sliced bananas and pumpkin seeds. (Do NOT store with the bananas and seeds or the fruit will brown and the seeds will be mushy.)
21Day Container Count:1Y 1R 1P 1O