Those that know me, know one thing…I truly truly love coffee. It is not a coincidence when your Christmas gift is an espresso machine and your birthday gift is a coffee grinder with a milk foamer. It just make sense for me to add this molten java lava to breakfast.
Everyone talks about overnight oats but personally I like to make overnight quinoa. Its doesn’t get mushy. It holds up well in the fridge and I swear there is a rice pudding vibe when you mix it with yogurt.
You know that old commercial when the guy is walking with a chocolate bar and he bumps into that gal who is eating peanut butter. (yea because I walk around the city of New York with a jar of peanut butter.) Anyways, they bump into each other and this magical treat is made. Well that’s what I feel like for this particular breakfast…Mocha Overnight Quinoa!
- ½ Cup Cooked Quinoa
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- ¼ Cup Espresso
- ¾ Cup of Greek Yogurt (Recommended Dairy Brand Use Fage or for Non-dairy Brand Use So Delicious Vanilla)
- 1Tsp Chia Seeds
- 2Tsp Cocoa Powder
- 2Tsp Raw Honey
- 1/2Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Combine Quinoa, Almond Milk, Chia Seeds, Espresso, Cocoa Powder, Vanilla Extract together in your container.
- Then layer 1Tsp of Honey
- Then layer the Greek Yogurt.
- Add the last layer of 1Tsp of Honey.
- I like to follow mine up with a dusting of cocoa powder at the end.
NOTE:I limit myself to only 2tsp of honey but you can add another tsp. or stevia according to your personal taste.
21 Day Fix Container Count
Serves 1 counts as 1Y 1R