The first time I had this was at a friend’s house. It is actually a traditional Indian condiment that is served with Biryani rice. I loved it so much that I was literally eating it out of the bowl. My friend gave me her recipe and over the year there has been tweaks here and there. Since carrots is a heartier vegetable, I feel like it fills me up better than a tomato salsa. Plus, it has a natural sweetness that works so well with the spicy and tart sauce it marinades in. My daughter calls this carrot salsa because she eats it with her tacos and her tortilla chips. Once you make it, you’ll be topping your rice, your eggs or just eating this dish straight! Enjoy!
- 2 Cup of Chopped Carrots
- 1 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Cup Quartered Grape Tomato
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Tsp. Hot Sauce
- (Optional) 1 Tsp. Chopped Chili Peppers
- 1 Tbs. Vinegar (white or apple cider)
- 3 Tbs. Fresh Lime Juice
- 3/4 Tsp. of Pink Sea Salt
- More Pink Sea Salt to Taste
Okay, brace yourself…here are the directions!
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Feel free to adjust the salt level to your liking 🙂
Makes 4 servings
Clean Eating Gluten Free Foodie
Per Serving 21 Day Fix Container Count: 1G