Gluten Free Apple Cupcakes
Today is a very special day for me. It is my twins 7th birthday! Since their older siblings swim on a lake team, we decided to have “Cupcakes On The Lake”. The boys of wanted their favorite vanilla cupcakes. Their big sister however is allergic to wheat, dairy, soy, peanuts, tree nuts and food coloring. This meant that she would need her own cupcakes and one that would hold up to the summer humidity. My schedule has been crazy, so shopping has been neglected. However, my pantry had my favorite allergy muffin mix (that can make a savory or sweet muffin since it has no sugar added) and in my freezer I had some cooked apples. My thought was to make a mini version of an apple cake, the result made my daughter very happy!
- 1 Package *Namaste No Sugar Added Muffin Mix
- 2 Cups of “Cooked Apples”
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup of Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup of Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- 1/2 Tsp. of Cinnamon for Mixing
- OPTIONAL:1/3 Cup of Organic Powder Sugar for Dusting
- OPTIONAL:1/2 Tsp. of Cinnamon for Dusting
- ADDITIONAL OPTION: Maple to Drizzle on Top of Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the wet ingredients: the apples, eggs, maple syrup, oil, and water together.
- Add the dry ingredients (muffin mix and 1/2 Tsp. of cinnamon) to the mixing bowl with the wet ingredients.
- Make sure to combine all the ingredients well in the bowl.
- Line your muffin tin with cupcake liners (parchment paper cupcake liners are my favorite) to make 12 muffins.
- Fill each liner in the tin 3/4 way full.
- Place in the oven to bake for 30min till the tops are golden or till a tooth pick can slide out clean when you prick the center.
- Cool the cupcakes on a rack for 20min, when cooled you can dust the cupcakes with cinnamon and powder sugar or just eat it plain. An additional option would be to drizzle with some fresh maple syrup.
*Namaste No Sugar Added Muffin Mix is made in a dedicated facility free of Gluten, Wheat, Soy, Corn, Potato Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Dairy and Casein.
Makes 12, 1 per serving
21Day Fix Container Count Per Serving:1Yellow Treat Swap and 1Purple