This week the kids are all over the place, between after school activities, sports and play dates…this mom can’t afford to be hovering over the stove. The crockpot came out of the cupboard and tonight became a pulled pork night. This recipe takes little prep time and is pretty easy to assemble. We serve it over quinoa brown rice but you can also have it in corn taco shells and make an Asian taco! Yum!
- 1 (3 lb.) boneless Pork Roast
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- ½ cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth or Water
- ½ teaspoon of Minced Ginger
- 2 teaspoon of Mince Garlic
- ½ teaspoon of Dried Onion Flakes
- ½ teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon of Roasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoons Mustard
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Honey or Organic Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Gluten Free Soy Sauce or Low Sodium Tamari
- Pink sea salt and pepper
- Scatter onion over bottom of slow cooker and place pork on top.
- Add broth, garlic, garlic powder, onion flakes and ginger then cover and cook on low until very tender, about 8 hours.
- Remove meat and let cool.
- When cool enough to handle, pull meat into thin shreds and remove all the fat.
- Toss out the onions and skim excess fat from liquid in slow cooker.
- Return pulled pork to slow cooker and stir in Worcestershire Sauce, mustard, honey, sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Let it cook for another 30min.
- Season pork with salt and pepper to taste.
- OPTIONAL (Top with your favorite hot sauce.)
- Serve over steamed quinoa or brown rice.
21DAY Fix Container Count
Use red container for serving